Wednesday 9 March 2011

Task 1

Here is where i started with a mock-up showing the basic form of the pyramids that will form my structure. As well as making single pyramids i did these double pyramids where two are already joint together. This created a slightly different shape and effect combining the two.


Here i added a single pyramid and another double pyramid.


Here again i added more to show the start of the branches nature in how it will first twist.



This is the same part taken from a different angle. I used all purpose glue to stick it together as i found it most successful. Double sided tape would not have been strong enough along with a pritt glue. Even though at times the glue could be messy it was quick drying and strong and dried clear.


Here is the net of a double pyramid with a different but very similar design cut out of each pyramid. I had this idea from my primary research. A lot of trees i photographed had ivy entwined around the trunk. The ivy leaves appeared triangular looking with light veins on the leaves. I thought since my structure is made from pyramids and triangles i could express this idea through my work.



Here it is cut out so you can see the net clearly.


Here is what it looked like glued together as the double pyramid.


I then added it onto the small mock-up i made to see how it would look...





Here i am starting to build my actual structure. This is just a simple pyramid and net made from green paper, which my whole branch is going to be made out of.




Several more i made...




I then started to build the branch up together using both types of pyramids.







Here where the branch is built up to its full length which is approx 2ft.




I then started on cutting out the individual designs on each face of the net. At first this took me a while but once i got into it it took about 10 minutes or just under to do one of these nets with 8 triangles on. 


A single pyramid..



A double joint pyramid..





This is when i started to add them on as the smaller branches that come off the main branch of the tree.








This is with two small additions to the branch..



I then had to make many, many more of these to create the other small branches..

No comments:

Post a Comment